Hi everyone. It’s me, Sophie!
I know that sometimes we all can get a little down. We hear news that makes us sad, we don’t do as well on a project as we wanted to or sometimes those “blues” just come to visit.
Just notice those feelings and ask yourself two questions.
One – Why do I feel this way? Examine why you feel that way. If there is a lesson to be learned, find out what it is so you can put whatever is keeping you from being up behind you. Once you have learned something from it, it has value and you can thank it for teaching you and let it go. Keep in mind that sometimes the lessons is that we don’t always know why. Sometimes the answer will never be clear to us and let that be alright too!
Two – Do I want to keep feeling this way? I know that sounds funny, but you do have a choice. The way we feel depends on the thoughts you think. If you do want to change your mood, think of things to be grateful for. The better thoughts will make you feel better.
In my diary, my “framily” and I came up with 41 tips to make you feel better. I am sharing a few of my favorites with you, in no particular order. I invite you to read my diary for the rest. (It really is okay to read it. I have so much I want to share with you.)
1. Each day write down three things for which you are grateful. It will trigger the feeling of gratitude, which will make you happy.
2. Write a short story about an experience you had that made you happy. Maybe it was catching a fish, or being on a vacation with family.
3. Sing a song that makes you happy. Singing releases chemicals from your brain that make you feel good.
4. Reach out to a friend. You will both feel good from the connection.
5. Smile. Just looking at yourself in a mirror and smiling for 30 seconds will get you out of a bad mood.
11. Listen to music. Music is a universal language that engages our souls. We have decided that few are immune to its power.
18. Play with a puppy, kitten or bunny rabbit. Soft, furry things that lick your face apparently make humans happy. We aren’t sure on this one, but we have all heard it so we are adding it to our list.
20. Look through old pictures or videos. The memories triggered will release feel-good endorphins to your brain, which will make you happier.
28. Make a list of people in your life you are lucky to have. Also, make a list of people lucky to have you in their lives.
34. Learn to forgive. And that includes forgiving yourself.
40. Look for a child who is happy and laughing. Did you know laughing can be contagious, just like a smile? Santa Steve told us about a time when one person started laughing at a joke so hard that before long the whole room was laughing, even though most of the people in the room never even heard the joke.
Those are 10 of my favorite ways to feel better. To read my diary and get the rest of the list, please visit Barnes & Noble online at: http://bit.ly/1ekgcbf
Or Amazon online at: http://amzn.to/1L09lku
Get your copy now. And thank you for letting me share some of the things I have learned. I love helping others feel better and it actually makes me feel better too. So thanks for making me feel good by allowing me to help you feel good.